HITECH Funding Opportunities
USA’s HITECH Act aims to improve patient care and make it patient-centric through the creation of a secure, interoperable nationwide health information network. To enable this objective the government has provided many funding opportunities & these HITECH grants are specifically designed to work together to provide the necessary assistance and technical support to providers, enable coordination and alignment within and among states, establish connectivity to the public health community in case of emergencies and to assure the workforce is properly trained and equipped to be meaningful users of EHRs.
The current grants are available under various opportunities such as:
- Health Information Technology Extension Program (cycle 2)
- Curriculum Development Centers
- Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Professionals
- Program of Assistance for University-Based Training
- Competency Examination for Individuals Completing Non-Degree Training
- Strategic Health IT Advanced Research Projects (SHARP) Program
- Beacon Community Cooperative Agreement Program
Please click on this link to get more details on the HITECH Funding Opportunities.