This week in Atlanta, healthymagination takes center stage as GE Healthcare uses its technology expo to demonstrate how it will affect cost, quality and access in healthcare systems across the world. At the annual meeting of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, the company will showcase new innovations and achievements from each of its healthcare IT divisions. Among the highlights:
- Debut of GE’s new clinical knowledge platform that enables healthcare delivery organizations to improve performance against their quality targets.
- Launch of GE’s next-generation eHealth Solutions platform – an infrastructure offering that includes expanded services for health information exchange, a clinical portal and a patient health management system.
- Demonstration of planned enhancements to eHealth Information Exchange (HIE) which are expected to enable the HIE to view reports on healthcare quality at the provider level, state level and information exchange level based entirely on information collected from participating providers.
- Enhancing the quality of patient care and addressing the needs of IT professionals, GE Healthcare IT’s latest imaging solution debuts with new technology to bring images to the EMR using a single point of access.
- A suite of rapid implementation packages for GE’s proven electronic medical record and revenue cycle management solutions.
- Announcing the addition of thirty hospitals to the business’ latest Centricity® Enterprise EMR platform since November, fueling double-digit growth.
The company is also heralding the continued success of its Stimulus Simplicity™ financing program, offered in conjunction with GE Capital and aimed at deferring some of the capital investment for a period of time, when incentive payments are more likely to be available. . The program offers zero percent payment terms* with deferred payments until 2012 for physician practices purchasing the company’s EMR solutions and/or Centricity Business PowerStart. In addition, for its EMR solutions, GE Healthcare offers the Stimulus Simplicity Certification Warranty**, demonstrating a commitment to our continued EMR development and customer collaboration.
“We aren’t here in Atlanta to talk about change—we’re here to make it happen,” said Vishal Wanchoo, president and CEO of GE Healthcare’s IT business. “We have the breadth and depth to impact healthcare systems across the world and we’re showing some of the industry’s leading solutions to prove it. We look forward to active discussions, innovative demonstrations and laying the path for the most exciting year in healthcare IT we’ve ever seen.”
GE Healthcare is presenting its portfolio this week at Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center, booth #7039.